- United States Naval Academy: Class rank 894 of 899*
- Occidental College: 2 years
- Columbia University: B.A. Political Science with a specialization in international relations
- Harvard University: Juris Doctor (J.D.) Magna Cum Laude*
- Hawaii Pacific University: 1 semester
- North Idaho College: 2 semesters - general study
- University of Idaho: 2 semesters - journalism
- Matanuska-Susitna College: 1 semester
- Matanuska-Susitna College - 1 semester
- University of Idaho - 3 semesters - B.A. in journalism*
- University of Delaware: B.A. in history and B.A. in political science
- Syracuse University College of Law - Juris Doctor (J.D.)*
Gracias, Monsieur Bissell.
* As far as I know, the United States Naval Academy doesn't qualify their degrees (as others do with a B.A. or J.D. - doctorate of law) so I added John McCain's ranking as the qualifier. Copied from the McCain web site regarding his education:
John attended college at the United States Naval Academy, and launched a 22-year career as a naval aviator upon his graduation.